RTI/MTSS Coaches' Training
Margaret Searle invites you to participate in a seminar that will help your coaches with the intervention process for both general and special education students.
You will leave with practical ideas and procedures for implementing strength-based coaching meetings.
Learn how to solve learning and behavior problems more efficiently by focusing on root causes.
Learn ways to help families and students become involved in the problem-solving process.
This seminar will help you ...
* Practice strategies for digging below symptoms to the causes of student problems.
* Learn to write clear goals and find simple ways to measure them.
* Turn parents and students into willing participants in solving problems.
* Hold team meetings that strengthen tier one instruction.
* Generate action plans at every team meeting.
Who should attend?
Administrators, supervisors, counselors, psychologists, special and general education teachers.
Most schools find it helpful to send teams made up of administrators, special ed. and general ed. teachers.
* Bringing a charged laptop will allow you to get hands-on experience with the website. Outlets may be limited.
Seminar available at the following locations:
Quest Conference Center
8405 Pulsar Place
Columbus, Ohio 43240
September 22-23, 2020
November 4-5, 2020
Continental breakfast at 8:00 daily
Days 1 & 2 8:30 - 4:00
Basics of coaching
* How to ask the right questions and be a good listener
* How to turn meetings into productive conversations that teachers value
* Learn simple ways to collect and analyze data
* Use new tools that allow you to uncover strengths to build on as well as root causes of academic and social-emotional problems
Days 3 & 4 8:30 - 4:00
Advanced coaching practice
* How to analyze and address executive functioning skills that influence behaviors like focusing, organization, memory and impulse control problems
* Use case studies to practice identifying root causes, setting DATA goals and writing action plans
Teams should bring real case studies with them including data about the severity of the students’ problems, i.e., oral reading fluency scores, digits per minute counts, numbers of disruptions per class period, frequency of missing assignments, etc.
Registration & Pricing
(Registration includes breakfast & lunch, snacks and copies of the books, "What To Do When You Don't Know What To Do" and "Causes and Cures in the Classroom: Getting to the Root of Academic and Behavior Problems.")
To register by postal mail:
To register electronically:
$695.00 per person for all four days, or $395.00 for the first two days.
Two hours of Ashland University Credit is available.
Copyright 2019 Searle Enterprises, Inc - All Rights Reserved